Commonly a herb eaten with roast beef, Horseradish is originally a wild herb that can be found growing on roadsides (if you can recognise it!) It often resembles a dockleaf. The root is the main medicinal part and has a strong peppery taste and smell. Leaves have a milder peppery flavour and are a great addition to salads. Anyone who knows wasabi… will recognise the flavour and smell.
Full of benefits, particularly to the respiratory system as well as the sinuses.
- Aids digestionwhere indigestion, nausea and inflammation are a problem
- Boost immunity
- Clears blocked sinuses (within seconds!)
- Aids the respiratory systemby it’s decongestant and expectorant properties (clearing the head and lungs from mucous), and eases sore throats and spasmodic, irritating coughs and asthma
- Eases joint pain, particularly with conditions like arthritis, when taken daily or used externally (as per infused oil recipe below), due to it’s anti-inflammatory qualities
- Natural diuretic – can help dissolve kidney stones and ease bladder infections
- Naturally detoxifies the body and targets parasites within the digestive system too!